PDA

View Full Version : Native Irish Honey Bee Society promotion label.

keith pierce
16-10-2013, 03:26 PM
In highlighting our own indigenous Irish Honey Bee (Apis mellifera mellifera), the Native Irish Honey Bee Society, have launched a promotion label. The label is aimed at creating, consumer interest, awareness and support in protecting of our unique biodiversity. http://nihbs.org/?page_id=896#comment-25030

I just received my supply this morning, and I certainly think it enhanced my honey jar as well as promoting our native bees,

They are only available to members of the Society and in agreement with certain terms and conditions

Jon
16-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Those look great Keith.
The wee stickers are going to be incredibly popular.
I have had people asking me to get them some.
I have to explain that it is for NIHBS members and for those who are producing their honey with native stock.
I know it is the forage which determines the flavour of the honey rather than the bee, but I think those stickers will let people know that not all honeybees are the same.

gavin
16-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Absolutely brilliant initiative.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

drumgerry
16-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Cracking idea! One I'm sure that will be shamelessly ripped off should we succeed in starting a similar organisation in Scotland!

And on the point that honey is honey regardless of which bees produce it: I wonder if honey consumers are well enough informed about bees to be able to appreciate the more subtle nuances of the subject. I think they are after all the exposure there has been in the media and the time has come to further their education. Well done to NIHBS!

Jon
16-10-2013, 06:10 PM
Aoife Nic Gilla Coda did the design so they are from a fine bee family pedigree!

Rosie
16-10-2013, 09:21 PM
The labels look great to me but I hate to be the one to ask the question "why show Italian bees?" .

Steve (I'll get me coat)